I haven't had time to update much lately so here is a big summary of what we have been up to.
1. Visit to a live Nativity Scene - and some hot chocolate and cookies along with it! :) We didn't take food to feed the animals. Instead we found carrots on the ground that other people had dropped. We're so cheap!

2. Here's a picture of us being goofy at my mom's house. Our family got together to do a cookie exchange. Every other year of my life we exchanged Christmas ornaments at Thanksgiving. Every year I was running out the day before the exchange to buy whatever random ornament I could get my hands on. Well this year I bought ornaments on our vacation in June. So go figure, the year I'm prepared, the family decides that they all have enough Christmas ornaments, and instead want to do a cookie exchange. That teaches me to be prepared!!

3. Waiting for Santa...round one (see the post about Santa's visit to our house).

4. Christmas Party at School - Somehow I got the lucky job of being the mom helper at Matthew's school for the Halloween party, the Thanksgiving feast, and the Christmas party! Aside from the kids being a little higher maintenance than normal, it was actually quite fun to be a part of the special days. On Wednesday, the parents were asked to come back a little early because the kids had a performance. They got to ring jingle bells and sing some songs. Here are some pictures of Matthew and his friends. They also did a gift exchange. They drew names the week before and had to bring a little gift. Matthew got an MP3 player for kids....I found that absolutely hilarious!! It's so cute. It has its own ear phones and plays several songs. The buttons are easy enough for him to operate. Oh how the toys have changed!!!
Here is a movie clip of them singing, and also when David arrived to surprise Matthew.
5. Snowflakin' - Matthew has added a new word to the dictionary - it isn't "snowing", it's "snowflakin'" Here's a clip of him discovering that it's "snoflakin'" outside. Notice the lack of clothing...that's his style lately. And then, of course, he wants to go outside (with no pants on...)
No comments:
Post a Comment