Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mommy Time

This morning Matthew told me that he needed mommy time. So we decided to go on a mommy/Matthew date. I asked Matthew where he would like to go. He chose the mall (I really wanted to let him know that it was a big sacrifice to take him there being that it is the Saturday before Christmas and I really didn't need to be going to the mall...) But, thanks to a struggling Cincinnati Mills Mall, not that many people were there!! We had a great time walking around and spending money that didn't need to be spent and that wouldn't have been spent had we not gone to the mall. On the way there I asked Matthew what he would like to get Jacob for Christmas. I fully expected his usual answer: cars. But instead he said, "An ornament". I asked him what kind of ornament. He told me a lady bug (I have no idea where it came from). We spent our whole time looking for such a thing - which apparently does not exist there. Instead we came home with a very girly stuffed ladybug that has bows and flowers on it. But it's what Matthew very sincerely picked out for his brother, so I bought it. As we were walking out of the store, Matthew asked me, "Jacob like it? Jacob play with it?" He really wanted it to be the best present he could pick out. I asked him if he knew why he wanted a lady bug. He said no, just that he thought Jacob would like it. Sometimes he is so sweet to Jacob (and then other times he's not...like when he jumped on top of Jacob last night!)

No comments: