Friday, September 26, 2008

The Week in Review

It's hard to believe it's already been a week since Jacob was born (but then again there are parts of me that feel like it's been a whole lot longer!!) Overall, the week has gone amazingly well. Jacob is turning out to be quite a relaxed little baby. He doesn't cry very often. Even when he's hungry, he just lets out little grunts and whimpers. He has a fussy time of night, late evening, where he sometimes cries for awhile. But really, he's been very easy. Most nights have gone very well. He'll eat every three hours and go right back to sleep. We even had one night where he went 5 hours (which kind of scared me at 4 days old!). Last night was another story - he woke up to eat every 1-2 hours!! Needless to say, today my energy level is beyond being helped by caffeine and make-up! But, what do you expect with a newborn?

Matthew continues to be a very proud big brother. He still adores "baby Jacob" and loves to kiss him and hold him. He often says "Please baby Jacob, play toys". He's desperate for a little playmate. He likes to share his cars with his brother, putting them in his carseat or near his hand. I think some of the excitement is starting to wear off, but he's still being very good.
David has been off this whole week and doesn't go back until next Friday. His time off has been the biggest blessing! I don't know how I would be surviving without his help. He has just been amazing with doing all the cleaning and housework and letting me take it easy. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for our two boys. Our family is so blessed by him. I'm already sad that his time at home is half way up (and am not sure how I will handle two kids by myself all day with little sleep!!)
Here are a couple pictures we've taken this week of Jacob. He's already changed a lot. We tried to be artistic a little bit in our picture taking - and not all too successfully! Two of them won't rotate right for some reason, so they are sideways.


No comments: