Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The First Day of School!

Today is Matthew's first day of pre-school!! He handled it like a champ. Yesterday he asked us if he could go. I told him Daddy was at school and he said, "Me go my school". When asked he could tell you his teacher's name and seemed very excited about it. Even this morning he did well at home and wanted to go. We got to school, he walked right in his room and started to play. We washed his hands (classroom rule) and he went right back to the toys. He did really well until he heard another mommy say goodbye to her little one. He started looking around the room a little nervous. Then another mommy said goodbye and her little boy started crying. Matthew got really nervous, looked at me, and looked around some more. He gave me a hug when I asked for it and seemed to be doing well. He went back to his toy as I said goodbye, but then he suddenly turned and the tears started. I had to go set up some toys outside, and when I walked in the building about 15 minutes later, I couldn't hear him. His teacher, Mrs. Shockley, has been teaching at the pre-school for 26 years and has 6 kids of her own, so I'm sure she can handle just about anything! I can't wait to hear how his day went! Here are some pictures of my little school boy.

Posing with his Cars lunch box and a handful of cars. He looks like he's smiling, but he's actually whining and I caught a good moment!

Here's Matthew with his Buzz backpack, walking the wrong way, away from the building (not on purpose!)


Matthew carried his backpack all the way into the building, up two stairs and into his classroom. I was so proud of him!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yeah Matthew! You look great! Did they let you take your Car Movie cars into the classroom? And Buzz, that is great! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your morning went!!