I just picked Matthew up from his first day. He was very excited to see me - he yelled, "Mommy", and then ran the other way to keep playing! :) His teacher told each parent something she learned about their child today. For Matthew, it was that he will sit and eat every bite of his food, no matter how long it takes. At snack time she finally had to take the snack and put it in his lunch. If you have ever eaten a meal with Matthew, you know that it is often almost impossible to keep him still enough to eat anything! Staying at the table for the whole meal was one of the things I was worried he wouldn't be able to do when school started! But, by golly, when I looked in his lunch box, he had really eaten every single bite! I guess his snack and lunch were really good!
Matthew and I had a nice "conversation" on our way home. I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "playing outside". I also asked him if he had to sit in the "thinking chair", which is time out, and he answered yes. All I could get out of him was that maybe he took a toy from someone. But he often will just answer yes to all questions asked, so I'm hoping that's the case :) I'll have to ask next week! I talked to him most of the way home, but a few blocks from home I stopped talking for about 30 seconds. When I turned around, he was suddenly sound asleep!
Next week is my week to co-op for the day. I get to be in the classroom all day. It will be neat to see how Matthew interacts with all the other kids (there are 5 total) and to get to see what they do all day. I'm excited (and am sure I will be napping with Matthew that day!) Although I wouldn't be too disappointed if I have had the baby by next Wednesday and David has to go instead.... ;)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
this is going to be a long month if you start talking like that! haha!
Post a Comment