Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top 10 Reasons

Here is my list of top ten reasons why Matthew called me into his room last night. From about 4:30 on, I think I was in his room about every 3-5 minutes. He has a nice cold, with a nasty cough, so he was having a hard time sleeping. Some of the reasons were legitimate, and others, not so much. Here are my favorite ones that fit into the "not so legitimate" category:
1. "I want stuffed animal" (from his pile of animals in his room)
2. "I hungry." (Normally I would tell him too bad, but he's sick, so I took pity on him. Plus, I was starving. So I got him a snack.)
3. Less than 5 minutes later, he calls me back. "This one's for you, Mommy," giving me a pretzel.
4. "Kiss me on my lips, Mommy."
5. "Lay with me Mommy."
6. Holding a stuffed frog that has Velcro on two of his legs, Matthew asks me, "Mommy, which side do you like? The bumpy or the soft?" (of the Velcro...)
7. "Me go potty." -about 6 times.
8. David went in to him one time and Matthew requested me instead to take him to the potty.
9. "Me need tissue" (that one was legitimate since he had snot running down his face)
10. Right after we said goodnight and left the room (less than 30 seconds after we closed the door) Matthew calls for Daddy. I went in and he said, "No, Daddy." So David went in and Matthew said, "Thank you for painting my room, for painting my walls and painting my ceiling."

Hopefully tonight we'll all get more sleep - but I doubt it. We don't really sleep in our house anymore.

No comments: