Thursday, January 29, 2009
Finally Some Real Snow!!!
I've been saying for at least a month now that we needed some real snow. We kept getting little bits, 1/2 inch hear and there. I was ready for a big snow storm. Well, I got it. And I love it (easy for me to say - I don't have to drive anywhere, shovel anything, or do any of the hard work involved!) It has been so fun to be stuck at home for a couple days (David has had three snow days!) I love the way it looks, the way things sound outside. Somehow you can hear someone shoveling down the street. Sound just travels differently. Until today, Matthew thought sled riding was just sitting in his sled and being pulled up and down the sidewalk. We had never taken him to a hill. The other day we made a mini hill in the front yard, but it just wasn't the same. So when we got suprised this morning with another snow day, we decided it was time to have some fun. So we packed up all the snow gear and headed to Nama's house to go sledding. We named the hills there "bunny hills". They aren't the best of sledding hills, but for a novice sledder, they were perfect. We had a blast. Then we got to go inside and have some hot chocolate, soup, and grilled cheese. Here are some pictures of our fun in the snow over the last couple days.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment