Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Potty Talk

I am in shock that our little Matthew has gone potty on his big boy potty 4 times today!! This morning I was getting dressed while he was watching TV and he hopped up and ran into the bathroom saying "me go pee-pee". Sure enough, he did. Today at lunch he did the same thing, and then did it two more times after that. The last time he even tried to dump the pee-pee in the potty (while I was out of the room, so therefore it ended up all over the floor. Bless his heart...he even flushed!) I am so shocked!! The kid is potty training himself!! All I have to do is provide a little assistance with clothing and diapers (which, by the way, I gave him a pull-up today and he is so proud to be wearing big boy underwear - so he thinks!), give him a couple M&M's (thanks mama and papa!!), and give him a sticker to put on his potty. I hadn't planned on doing this until after Christmas, but maybe we need to think about this sooner! I'm not totally sure he's ready physically because his diaper is always wet, but we'll have to start working towards it.

A couple cute stories that go with our potty events today: At one point he asked me to read him a story while he was sitting. Jacob happened to be screaming to eat at the time. So we took on some serious multi-tasking. I was sitting on the bathroom floor feeding Jacob, reading a book upside down, and Matthew was going potty. It was quite a scene. Right around then, Matthew starting grunting and looks and me and says, "Hard work, Mommy". :)

Good job, little buddy!! We're proud of you! (Hopefully you'll still take a nap after all those M&M's!!)

One last thing...as I'm sitting here writing this, he was standing in the bathroom, pants and pull up already down, yelling "pee-pee". He needed to go again!! I better start learning where all the potties in town are!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Way to go! Maybe he is going to be a self starter:)