For over a year now, Matthew has loved cars. For awhile, it was an all out obsession. But lately it had kind of fallen to second place while Matthew was into Veggie Tales. Well in the last two weeks, that has all changed. I don't know what brought it on, but he is suddenly all about cars again. He wants to watch the movie all the time after not having watched it for months. He plays with his cars all the time again. And he quotes the movie - which I think is hilarious. It's amazing to the little things that they pay attention to. Some of his favorite quotes are:
"We've got a nodder" (when Snot Rod, Wingo, Boost and DJ try to get Mack to fall asleep on the highway)
"I'm not a Mack. I'm a Peterbuilt." (When McQueen gets lost from Mack and tries to find him, he comes up behind a big red truck and thinks it's Mack. When he calls the truck Mack, that's what the truck says. I wasn't even aware that there were different kinds of semi trucks. Next time you're on the highway, pay attention. It's crazy how Matthew (and other little boys) knows his trucks better than most adults.)
Yesterday morning, David walked in Matthew's room to find him cuddled up with his comforter (that has Cars on it, of course), talking to the Lightening McQueen, saying, "Focus. Focus. I am speed." That's how the movie starts. I guess he was prepping himself for the day. And since Matthew can't start words that begin with "f", it came out, "Ocus. Ocus."
Yesterday we came across the website http://www.carsdriveingallery.com/. It has all the little cars figures on it. You can see if there is a car that has been released, when it was released, if it's going to be released in the future, all the kinds of packaging, if it's hard to find, and sometimes where it is sold. Matthew could have sat and looked at this website for hours. He is now forming a list of the cars he wants to look for. We almost went car shopping yesterday for fun - we were going to go store to store to see what cars we could find! On the top of Matthew's list is Gil, a peterbuilt truck that has one of the smallest roles in the movie. It doesn't come out until April - and to Matthew, that's an eternity!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment