Monday, February 23, 2009

Little Helper

Remember when it was fun and exciting to do the dishes? Me neither....but to Matthew it's a ton of fun! Today was his first day helping. We did some baking, and it, of course, created a counter of dishes. So, it was more or less time for constructive playing in the water. But he helped scrub with the brush and then he would hand the dish to me, tell me it was all clean, and have me put it in the dishwasher. Bless his heart, he was sad when we were done! I told him not to worry - there will be more after dinner!

Matthew also has been enjoying writing songs. He'll make up a little tune and then ask us if we like his song (he's even called us in his room at 3 am to ask if we like a song he wrote. I told him I'd like it better after 7 am.) Here is his dish washing song.

No comments: