There's really not much to report on the week. We did very well overall. We got up and dressed and out of the house almost every day, and I'm quite proud of myself! Jacob makes it easy because he just sleeps the whole time we are out. I'm sure it will get more challenging as he "wakes up". I have felt pretty good all week and started kind of taking life normally again. Today I think my body decided I was doing too much and I'm learning why the normal recovery time for having a baby is six weeks! I'm going to try and take it easier this weekend.
I've had a wonderful week with Matthew this week. I feel like my brain might be starting to come out of the sleepless fog it's been in and I've been able to enjoy some time with my little guy. I've been trying to spend some intentional time with him, and I'm really having a blast with the neat little person he is becoming. He's picking up more and more little phrases that seem more grown up. I'm amazed at how his vocabulary is growing daily. He's becoming very independent saying "me do" to almost anything you try to help him with (including handing me gallons of milk from the shopping cart). One milestone he had this week was finally learning how to say his own name. Until now if you asked what his name was he'd say "me". Now he can finally say "Matthew", and he's quite cute in doing it. Here's a little clip of him doing it.
Just as I'm typing this post, I heard Matthew say "spit up". I turned around and he's very gently wiping Jacob's face with a blanket because he had spit up. What brotherly love to wipe up his little brother's bodily functions :)
We don't have too many pictures of our week because our camera is broken. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...we still have to solve the mystery of why it's being goofy. Yesterday we had Jacob's newborn pictures taken. Overall they weren't the greatest. I'm going to take what I learned from the photographer and try and take some of my own. When the pictures get sent to my email, I'll post them. They said it would take 3-5 days for that to happen.
Here are a couple pictures I attempted to be creative on. You can see that Jacob does actually have eyeballs! I'm going to try some more different ones eventually.


1 comment:
So glad to hear that your week went so well! You should be proud of yourself to not only be out, but to be showered and in clothes! And your post isn't borning, it is documenting how life is at the moment, full of twists and turns:) I remember feeling so good after Mara was born that I just wanted to do it all too. I don't think I slowed down until some older ladies reminded me about the 6 week recovery period, I guess that is there for a reason. But I am with you, getting out of the house is always refreshing and probably is good for everybody, esp emotionally:)
Jacob is really starting to look like a little person and Mary, I think he has your eyes. How did preschool go this week?
Post a Comment