Jacob had his first trip to church this past Sunday. It's so funny to hear people's reactions to a new baby. Most people greeted us with "wow he's huge", or something of the sort, which I agree with. The kid is already growing out of some of his 0-3 month clothing (so much for re-using Matthew's 0-3 month Christmas outfit...) Some people said he looks like Matthew, and then two minutes later someone would say that he looks nothing like him. At first they looked nothing alike, but they're starting to show some resemblance. Here are two pictures...can you tell who is who?
I'll tell you who's who at the bottom of the post. I think they sometimes look more alike than these picture...I'll work on finding better ones!
Matthew continues to be very, very good with Jacob. He's always wanting to share his toys and food with Jacob. He likes to help put the pacifier in Jacob's mouth to calm him when he's fussy. Today when Jacob got his shot, he wanted to kiss his "boo-boo". He's dying to have a playmate. Today he accidentally hit Jacob with a cardboard block. When I asked him what he needed to say to Jacob, he said "wake up, Jacob". Another cute story, a friend of ours gave us "8 Silly Monkeys" and told Matthew that it was for him to read to Jacob. He has taken this charge very seriously and can "read" most of the book. Any time he sees the book, or we read it, he has to make sure that baby Jacob is there. Here's a clip of him saying "no more monkeys jumping on the bed", which he likes to recite as he's jumping on the bed.
One day at school recently Matthew's class talked about emotions. Matthew is very good at imitating various emotions, especially "scared". He now will make his scared face (which I will work on posting. Our camera still does not work most of the time!! Poor Jacob doesn't have very many pictures yet!!) and say that he's scared. When I ask him what he's scared of, he'll say "um...um....this" and find the closest thing he can. This afternoon it was his music, and then the carpet.
Speaking of school....I have to tell you the wonders that pre-school has done for Matthew. His teacher is amazing! Six weeks ago, Matthew cried and screamed throughout almost every church service while he was in the nursery. I haven't sat through an entire church service in a very long time. This past Sunday (and he's been like this for a couple weeks) I asked him if he wanted to go to the nursery. He said "yes". On our way, several people stopped me to see the baby. Matthew wanted no part of waiting to go. He took himself. He walked down the hall, opened the door, walked in, and closed the door behind him. When I went in the sign him in, he hugged my leg and said "Bye, mommy" and went on his way. I'm sure that it's from his very positive experiences at school. He only cried one or two weeks when I left him at school. Now he walks in and says "Hi Mrs. Shockley. Hi Jess. Hi Aaron. (and so on through all his friends...) Amazing....oh how he's growing up (and a small part of me is kind of sad that he is no longer sad I'm leaving!)
1. Cute quotes: The song "flight of the bee" (or whatever it's called...) was on and I asked Matthew if it sounded like a bee. He said "No, horse".
2. Other cute quotes he says all the time to lots of things are "No, not yet" (for example I can ask if he pooped, which I obviously know he did, and he'll answer "no, not yet".)
3. He also likes to say "two boys" at random times about Daddy and Mommy's two boys.
4. "Time out, two minutes" - he says this when he's doing something he knows he shouldn't be. Sometimes he even negotiates and says "time out, three minutes"...who knows why he's aiming to get more time!
I'm not good at posting frequently...my goal is to get better. I think of things all the time to post, and then I sit down to do it and I forget....I'm still claiming pregnancy brain (which, by the way, they say doesn't go away until the baby is 6 months old!)


3 comments:
What a great post!!! Nope, I didn't guess correctly between Matthew and Jacob... but if your boys are anything like mine, their looks change from one day to the next.
Sounds like you're making this transition to two children with great style. I'm impressed that you're able to blog at all! Way to go, girl, and keep it up. Your boys are lucky to have such a great mommy (even if they aren't sad when you leave :-)
of course i guessed correctly! i know my nephews :) by the way we need to get together!
I was going off the hat and the blanket and guessed it was Matthew-I was right, just don't let them share clothes and then we can always tell who is who:)
So glad to hear that church went well! That has got to be a great feeling to not worry about him during the service.
We're looking forward to seeing you next week!
Post a Comment