A month ago, Matthew could not draw. He felt like he couldn't do it well, so he would just scribble. Well thanks to his preschool class (and his awesome teacher, Mrs. K), his writing and drawing and coloring has improved SO much. I have been so impressed with what he has started doing. He has a journal that our cousins gave him for his birthday that he likes to draw in. He often does it at rest time. Again, the beginning pictures are just scribbles. Today he drew this picture. He came to me, telling me it was "so, so cool!" and was very excited about it. He told me he even drew daddy's "scruffies". When he explained the picture to me, he told me it was all four of us in Heaven. So sweet...my heart just melted. It's all yellow because it's Heaven. There is a small place of red and he said he tried to blend the colors, but they wouldn't mix because they were crayons (well, he didn't say "blend"...I can't remember his exact words). Then this evening after showing David the picture, David went in his room and found his book called Dangerous Journey open to this page. He was drawing his own version of this picture. Again, my hearted melted some more. Don't be surprised if you come to our house one day and see it in a frame. Maybe it's just because I'm his mom and I am naturally proud of him, but you have to admit, it's sweet. Here is his artwork next to the book.
Some other comments he made were that originally he forgot to draw arms, but he went back and added them. When I asked him why my hair was sticking up he said he didn't know how to draw it back (in a ponytail). In the picture here is our order: David, Jacob, Matthew, Mary.


No comments:
Post a Comment