Thursday, November 11, 2010

28 Reasons to be Thankful on my 28th Birthday

I have had such a great birthday! All day I've been thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for and why it has been such a great day. So I decided to make a list. Here we go!

1. Spending the day with my two sons. They were so well behaved and so sweet all day. They're just pretty awesome.
2. My husband decorating the house early this morning with two birthday banners - one in Spanish and one with Cars on it :)
3. Getting a package in the mail, even though it's Veterans' Day and I shouldn't be able to get mail.
4. Not having H1N1 this year like I did last year.
5. A birthday  nap...if you know me, you know I love to sleep.
6. A nonfat, decaf pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks that I paid for with a gift card.
7. Lunch at McDonalds - I love that place more than I should.
8. A free birthday scoop of ice cream from Graeters.
9. Another free scoop of ice cream from Graeters.
10. Another free scoop of ice cream from Graeters.
11. Listening to Christmas music on the radio.
12. GORGEOUS weather - abnormal warm and sunny
13. I just looked at my list and realized I had nap written twice...I must have really enjoyed it today :)
14. My mommy brought me cookies while I was teaching dance tonight so I could share them with my students.
15. Melissa, the other dance teacher tonight surprised me with Graeters cookies (the tea ones...one of my favorite kinds of cookies. yum!) and a card.
16. "Help" opening my birthday present. Why would I want to open it myself?! ;)
17. Facebook to remind us all of each other's birthdays when we otherwise would have no clue.
18. Over 70 facebook wall posts about my birthday.
19. My two-year-old randomly bursting out in song throughout the day to sing me "Happy Birthday" (that said child is still wide awake and won't go to bed as I type this at 10:30 pm), and hearing David and Matthew both sing Feliz Cumpleanos (happy birthday in Spanish)
20. Matthew saying to me this afternoon, "Mommy, you're treating me so sweet today. You're treating me like it's my birthday. You let me get a happy meal and pick the flavor of ice cream (at Graeters). Thank you so much!!! (and he gave me a kiss)"
21. Being able to open the windows of the house on my birthday when it's usually too cold.
22. Birthday hugs from all three of my boys.
23. Baby Samad is on his or her way (even though he or she won't be born until the day after my birthday!)
24. Matthew finding a magazine picture of a cute purse and wrapping it in his "ba" (his blankie) and bringing it to me as  "present" and being very sincere about it.
25. A brownie cake with M&M's spelling "mom", made by my three boys.
26. Sugar, because I've had a lot of it today.
27. Phone messages and texts from people I love.
28. Celebrating my birthday on Saturday with family and prime rib :)

I'm sure I could go on. I just feel so blessed and had such a wonderful day. Thanks to all of you who made it that way. I feel loved.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Mary! I love your list (especially all those scoops of Grateter's Ice Cream! Did you get the Raspberry Chip or Peanut Butter Chip?), and I'm thankful that facebook and our blogs have let us have a peek at each other's lives, even from so far away. <3