Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Dinosaurs!!!
Matthew has developed quite an interest in dinosaurs. He likes to learn their names, read about them, and watch movies. On Monday, I took the boys to the Children's museum. We snuck a peak at the end of the big Dinosaurs exhibit (you can see the last room from the gift shop). Matthew was so excited about them. So, the next day we went back to see the entire exhibit. Matthew told me he wouldn't be scared of the big dinosaurs and their noises...so we went in. The first room just had a stegosaurus that you could move by pushing buttons. That was fun and exciting. But then you go into a big room with LOTS of VERY BIG dinosaurs. They are moving and making loud roars. It was a little intimidating to him (but not at all to Jacob. He thought it was funny!) At first he admitted he was scared and he wanted to leave. But he slowly warmed up to them. He enjoyed pushing the buttons and watching them move. The entire time he wanted to be close to me or my mom. There were not many people there at all, which was nice. We could go at our own pace. At one point I had Jacob standing up, holding onto my fingers. He wasn't walking, but just standing at my feet. One of the workers came up to me and said that if he didn't have shoes, he couldn't be down on the carpet...are you kidding me? He's a baby!! I don't know why it bothered me so much, but it did. So as I carried Jacob, and he got mad because I wouldn't put him down, I made sure to walk past her as he screamed. After we left the exhibit, Matthew asked to go back and see the scary dinosaurs. So we went back in and spent some more time watching and pushing buttons. Here are some pictures from our visit!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment