Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last Day of School

I know this was a couple weeks ago, but I got behind on my blogging, so here it is now :) Matthew finished his first year at Northminster's Children's Co-op. I am amazed at how much he grew throughout the year. At the beginning of the year, he would cry when we'd leave him places, he was wearing diapers, he didn't talk very well, and he wasn't used to being in situations with adults other than close family members. Thanks to Mrs. Shockley, Matthew has come so far!! His speech is amazing (sometimes I wish I could go back to the way it was before he could talk so well...)Within about two weeks of the beginning of the year, he was so excited to go to school and stopped crying when we'd leave him. He just totally admires Mrs. Shockley and can't understand why he's not going back to her class anymore. I didn't realize how sad I would be for the last day of school!! Here are some pictures from his last day.


And just for memories, here he is on the first day of school. I almost put him in the same shirt (which, by the way is an 18 month shirt...), but I thought it might be confusing in 20 years to remember which picture was which!


Now I see how badly he needed a haircut! Poor kid...

No comments: