All of the Great-Grandparents came - even 96-year-old Grammy, 24 hours after moving into her new home!
Matthew trying to blow out his candle! This is good of a shot of the cake as I got - I forgot to take a picture of the Buzz cake after it was finished.
The candle wouldn't go out, so he tried to get a little closer...
Nama finally had to help!
Here's one of Matthew opening his presents. This one captures his excitement over cars.

Lastly, here is a shot of the cake before I wrote "Happy Birthday Matthew" on it. When I showed Matthew his cake the day before the party, he got upset because his cars were on the cake and because he couldn't have the Buzz Lightyear figure. The event ended in Matthew holding all three - which I took back after he went to bed. Then I hid the cake until the party! At the party, I caught him taking the Buzz figure, licking the bottom, and puting it back. Needless to say, that claimed which piece of cake was his!


1 comment:
Mary,
I think Andy was just as excited as Matthew looked to see that he got Mack:)
Glad things went well. Did you use the ball cake pan for the planets? Did the cake end up being pretty easy to make. Great job!
Post a Comment