Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Matthew!

It's hard to believe our baby is turning four! He's getting to be so grown up and so many times surprises us with his maturity (but don't get me wrong, he's still only 4 and has 4 year old moments!). He can be so thoughtful of others, loves to cuddle, LOVES to read (we've started reading chapter books and he really enjoys it), loves people, loves babies...loves lots of things. He is always asking to be with friends. We'll leave one event and he'll ask what we're doing next and if he can have a friend over. His favorite food, he'd probably say, is broccoli. He did say that for school this year. And when I was planning his birthday party menu, the only food he requested was broccoli and carrots (but NOT cooked carrots...he won't eat those!) He also loves berries - especially black berries. He's doing amazing with learning how to swim. He took one session of swim lessons and the YMCA and loved them. He was so brave. He was the only one in his class who would jump in all by himself off the side of the pool. He also took a week of CHPC's swim ministry (totally recommend it!) He started out the week having a hard time and wanting mommy, but on the last two days he (after being bribed with a date with mommy) got so brave and passed his first level, which includes diving for things on the bottom of the pool. We're so proud of him. This summer he also took a tumbling class at the YMCA and enjoyed it. He's asking when his next class is...sorry buddy, too expensive to do it all the time! He's going to take dance again in the fall and is excited about that. We considered soccer, but, again, decided it was too expensive. He wasn't asking to do it - we were just going to put him in it. So maybe we'll wait another year until he wants it or something else. So those are a couple random thoughts I have about Matthew. I wasn't going to write all that...it was all off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of other things to add later. But for now, here are a million pictures of his party. He had a blast. I think he's forgetting that his actual birthday hasn't happened yet. It's next Monday.










I was going to do more, but our internet is spotty due to a storm. Check back later for more!

No comments: