Sorry I've been MIA for about a month now...honestly, I just kind of forgot about the blog :) Guess that means we've been having fun. We have been up to lots and lots, so here is a glimpse! Vacation Bible School The boys and I did Northminster's Vacation Bible School. Matthew goes to preschool there. I knew DAvid would be taking classes all day, so I offered to help. I'm so glad I did. I really had a blast with the 4 year olds. I would have preferred to do it without a toddler on my hip (Jacob wouldn't leave my side!), but really, it went well. I loved watching Matthew, in particular. It's just fun watching him have fun with other kids, and to be under the instruction of other adults. My favorite part was watching him sing. This was the first time that he was old enough to join the "big kids". At the end of the week they had a performance, singing their songs they learned throughout the week. Matthew was working so hard at the motions with the songs. He was so serious about learning to do them. It's neat watching your child be eager to learn and eager to do something well. Here is a clip of their performance.
Summer Sunday Nights So far this summer, our church has had two "Summer Sunday Nights". The first had a fishing theme. The kids got to go fishing in the lake on the church property. The bait: hot dogs. Aparently the fish love them, and it's cheaper than night crawlers. We were among the first on the scene to fish. Jacob found the box of hot dogs and said, "hot dog". It was his first two-word combination. Part of me was excited that he put two words together, and part of me was bothered that it had to be the words for a random assortment of pig byproducts...But anyway, Matthew really enjoyed fishing. He has been asking to go fishing for a long time. While we didn't catch anything (no one did), Matthew at least satisfied his curiosity for fishing for now. Here is a picture of Matthew with his really good friend, Linnea. They are pretty cute (and can be double trouble together, for sure!)

I have plenty more to write, but I need to let David write his paper....priorities....
No comments:
Post a Comment