People, all the time, are asking me if I'm teaching my kids Spanish. I always answer "no" and feel quilty that I'm wasting my knowledge...I know I should be, but it's really harder than it seems. Well, I no longer have to answer no! I finally taught him something. He's at a cute stage where he is really eager to learn things in Spanish. He is always asking me how to say random words (often stumping my rusty language skills...) So, here he is, singing this beloved song that we sing every night at bedtime.
On a side note, here is a funny story of something Matthew said this evening. David was gone when I put the kids to bed. When he got home, he went in to say goodnight to Matthew (who was still awake). When David went in, it was pretty obvious Matthew had been doing some serious thinking about life. Here is more or less what the conversation went like: "Daddy, I don't think I'm going to be a mailman anymore when I grow up." (He's been saying he's going to be a mailman...) David: "Oh really? What do you think you want to be?" Matthew: "A daddy. And mommy is your wife." David: "Yes she is. Who do you think your wife will be?" Matthew: "Lily Koesters." Until tonight, he always answered that question with Mara...sorrry, Mara. I guess Matthew wants a younger lady :)
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment