Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh, the Things Kids Say!

Tonight at bedtime we were all working on learning the words to Jesus Loves Me in Spanish. Matthew was so excited about it and loving trying to learn it. After trying a few times, he did it in English. After he finished I told him that I would never tire of hearing him sing that and that God really liked hearing it too. He looked at me and said, "Now I'm going to sing it to God". He lifted up his shirt and sang to his belly. After he was done, I asked, "Why did you lift up your shirt?" He said, "Because I was singing to God!" I asked, "Where is God?" (I kind of knew where he was going with it...) He answered, "In my heart!" So precious...he was literally singing to his heart. I love it. I almost teared up! All I could do was hug him!

No comments: