Friday, May 1, 2009

Mini Milestone

Jacob has really been studying his hands lately. Often while I'm feeding him, he'll hold up his hand in the air, wiggle it around, then slam it down to his side. He's been trying to figure out how it works. Well today at breakfast I had given him a large chunk of bread. He had demolished it and it was all over the place. As I sat down to help him, I watched him pick up a small crumb and actually get it in his mouth!! Go Jacob. For awhile he's been able to pick up small bites with his hand and move them to his mouth, but could never let go and get it in his mouth. But today was the day. He did it over and over and over. Then after doing it a couple times, he held his hand in front of his face, wiggled his fingers, stared for a minute. I could tell he was thinking something like, "I wonder how my hand did that...." We were both so proud!!

No comments: