Friday, February 10, 2012

100 Days

Today, while I was sitting feeding Jonathan, enjoying a few quiet moments to think, I calculated that Jonathan is 100 days old today! (At least that is my calculation without looking at a calendar.) I was thinking about what an awesome blessing this little guy is, how wonderful he has been and how much we all love him. He has been a really, really good baby. I think my brain started calculting how old he was when i was thinking about how I could probably count his unconsolable fits on one hand. With the other two I remember having to put them in the car and go for a ride to get them to sleep sometimes. We have never had to do that with Jonathan (although just this past week we did have to take him for a walk twice....and by we, I mean David :) He definitely has his moments,, but really, he's very laid back. I have really enjoyed more snuggling and rocking than I probably did with the other two. It was with the first two that I learned how quickly it all goes. So if I have a baby that needs to be snuggled to fall asleep, I'm okay with that. And I'm really okay with it since he's sleeping 11-12 hours each night! He's a horrible napper, but how can I care when he sleeps that well at night!

Jonathan's favorite person is Matthew. He loves mommy, daddy and Jacob, but I think he pretty much adores Matthew. If anyone can get a smile out of him, it's Matthew. And Matthew adores him right back. It's amazing. I can't believe how much Matthew has totally embraced being the big brother. He LOVES to help and will always "babysit" when asked to watch him for a minute. He never complains about anything that has to do with Jonathan.

So we have some big milestone news...Jonathan rolled over today. I have to look at baby books, but I'm pretty sure that both of the other two were around 4 months. Jonathan is 3 months and one week. A couple days ago I saw him propel himself onto his side by swinging his feet, but I didn't think he'd figure out how to get over his arm anytime soon. Tonight he looked like he might try so I sat videotaping him for about 5 minutes. I eventually turned off the camera and walked away for a minute. When I came back, this is what I found:
Both boys claim they didn't help him. When I flipped him back over he got mad. Later on I saw him do it again. He doesn't do a quick roll, like he's intending to go somehere. He slowly wiggles his body and eventually ends up on his stomach, like he's just doing it to get comfortable. It'll be fun to watch what he does with it. Although I have to admit, I'm a little sad that he did it...it means my newborn is gone. He's getting older, which makes me a little sad. I love my little snuggle bug baby.

I had other things I wanted to say in this post, but my thoughts have disappeared amongst the tiredness. Two nights ago was a rare night where Jonathan was up for two hours in the middle of the night (which again I can count how many times I have spent hours up with him on one hand). It's amazing how quickly you get out of the routine of broken sleep- I'm still recovering.

Here are some other recent pictures I enjoy.

Doesn't he look like a bobble head? :)



On his way over!
I had others I wanted to do, but we have cheap internet and it's taking to long to upload. Maybe another day :)

No comments: